Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Taipéi
- The capital city of and a special municipality of Taiwan, located in the northern part of the island of Taiwan.
- Under new regulations the purchasers of camphor are not allowed to approach the stills for fear of injury from the savages ; but four markets have been selected, viz.: Taipei, Tokoham, and Sokko-k'eng, and in Chung-lu, or middle district, Chipchipkoi and Tohchay, whither all produce is to be taken for sale.
- 1975 June 1, “Nauru republic plans consulate”, in Free China Weekly, volume XVI, number 21, Taipei, page 2:
- The Republic of Nauru will establish a consulate in Taipei next month. Hammer De Roburt, President and Minister for External Affairs of the Pacific Island Republic, arrived in Taipei May 24, in connection with the consulate's establishment.
- ONE IS A small, surprisingly successful and relatively democratic country bullied by a larger, dictatorial neighbour which considers it to be part of its own territory. The other is Taiwan. On September 9th Somaliland, a breakaway republic in the north of Somalia, opened a "representative office" in Taipei, the capital of Taiwan. It followed the opening in August of a similar Taiwanese office in Hargeisa, Somaliland's capital.
- A former county of Taiwan, which became New Taipei City.
- “Taipei” in the Collins English Dictionary
- “Taipei, pn.”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- Taipei at OneLook Dictionary Search
- “Taipei”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.
- “Taipei” in TheFreeDictionary.com, Huntingdon Valley, Pa.: Farlex, Inc., 2003–2021.
- Alternative form of