Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: taylor
Taylor (plural Taylors)
- A surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A female given name transferred from the surname.
- 2001, Paul Theroux, Hotel Honolulu, page 206:
- "I wanted to call her Taylor, but my husband said no," Sweetie was telling one of the Christmas party guests.
- "Taylor means a tailor," I said. "It seems inauspicious. Like calling her Cobbler."
- "That's a kind of drink," said Nani.
- Popular given name at the turn of the 21st century, in the US mostly female, in Britain more often male.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Taylor is the 17th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 751,209 individuals. Taylor is most common among White (65.4%) and Black/African American (28.4%) individuals.