Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Relating to the ancient Germanic people, the Teutons.
- Having qualities that are regarded as typical of German people.
- Teutonic exactitude
- 1886, Henry James, The Princess Casamassima, volume 3, London: Macmillan and Co., page 190:
- He waited and waited, in the faith that Schinkel was dealing with them in his slow, categorical Teutonic way, and only objurgated the cabinetmaker for having in the first place paltered with his sacred trust. […]
- (archaic) Relating to the Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family.
relating to the ancient Germanic people
having qualities regarded as typical of German people
Teutonic (plural Teutonics)
- An ancient Germanic, or modern German, individual.