Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: germanic
- (linguistics) The early, undocumented language from which other Germanic languages such as German, English, Dutch and Scandinavian languages developed.
- (linguistics) The group of Indo-European languages that developed from Germanic.
group of Indo-European languages
- Having German characteristics.
- He arrived with Germanic punctuality.
- Relating to the Germanic peoples (such as Germans, Scandinavians or Anglo-Saxons).
- a Germanic tribe
- (linguistics) Relating to the language or group of languages known as Germanic.
- a Germanic language
having German characteristics
relating to the Germanic peoples
relating to the language or group of languages known as Germanic
Germanic (plural Germanics)