- (linguistics) The early, undocumented language from which other Germanic languages such as Dutch, English, German and Scandinavian languages developed.
- (linguistics) The group of Indo-European languages that developed from Germanic.
early language — See also translations at Ur-Germanic
group of Indo-European languages
- Relating to the Germanic peoples (such as Germans, Scandinavians or Anglo-Saxons).
- a Germanic tribe
- (linguistics) Relating to the language or group of languages known as Germanic.
- a Germanic language
- Having German characteristics.
- He arrived with Germanic punctuality.
relating to the Germanic peoples
relating to the language or group of languages known as Germanic
having German characteristics
Germanic (plural Germanics)