|Search user languages or scripts|
- Student of: University of California, Berkeley & l'Università di Bologna
- Majoring in: Italian Studies and Classical Languages
- Interested in: Computer Science and Linguistics
- Sub-pages: Atelier, ἀτελείωτα
A long time Wiki user, I was too self-conscious to actually post articles up until October 2006. My goal on Wiktionary is to clarify verbal morphology for words I encounter in my language classes; furthermore, I plan to create some verb templates for Ancient Greek in order to facilitate the learning of others. I take a casual interest in etymology and may therefore contribute as I am able with such information. At some point, I hope to begin editing Hawaiian language entries as Wiktionary is woefully lacking in them. I've more or less taken Sicilian "under my wing," so to speak, given the derth of Sicilian editors on our project. Within the next few months, I would also like to make some progress on Emiliano-Romagnolo, focusing on the Bulgnais variant thereof. Also on my to-do list is the Hawaiian name list. I was made an administrator in September 2007, so in theory I'm presumed somewhat knowledgeable. Please feel free to direct any sort of question, comment, or complaint you might have to me, but please also be aware that I may not know the answer myself!
I have studied various foreign languages from the age of nine onwards.
- Italian; 6 years cumulative; 1996-1998, 2002, 2005-present
- Japanese; 6 years; 1999-2005
- Latin; 7 years; 2001-present
- Attic Greek; 3 years cumulative; 2002, 2005-present
- Hawaiian; approximately equivalent to 1.5 years' worth; 2001-present
- French; approximately equivalent to 1 year's worth; 2006-present
Additionally, I have dabbled in Anglo Saxon, Catalan, Occitan, German, Portuguese, Sardinian, Sicilian, and Neapolitan. While I have never formally studied Spanish, I understand it well enough for basic communication due to my combined Italian and Latin experience. My Hawaiian Pidgin experience can be attributed to my grandfather and countless other Hawaiʻi-based friends and family members. It is my ambition to learn Finnish and begin "collecting" Romance languages at a greater rate. One of my major interests is non-"standard" varieties of Romance languages, such as Prouvençau and Nnapulitano; I'm especially interested in languages (modern and ancient) of the Italic peninsula.