User talk:Neskaya/Archive 2010
Just a short hello
Hey Neskaya. How are you? How's it going with the nurses of your grandmother? In addition, how are you doing with Hiligaynon? :) I think you may have already found this browsing online, a Peace Corps language packet for Hiligaynon. How did you decide to start on Kapampangan too? It's so out of the blue and I think it's awesome you can jump into anything and just learn.
Did you receive Hiligaynon Reference Grammar? I can reupload it somewhere if you need it. And if you'd like some more resources, you can browse through our uni's library catalogue, pick a book out that isn't available in the US but will aid in your pursuits, and I'll try send you a copy. Anything for someone learning Philippine languages!
I wish you the best in your endeavors! Hope to hear from you again! --Icqgirl 11:54, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, I owe you a book! For now perhaps these short documents will help. --Icqgirl 06:53, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
Hello. Philippine radio stations are being streamed online, and you might like to listen to Hiligaynon-speaking ones for their accent. You should check out the Iloilo and Bacolod stations in the Visayas area.
I hope it helps. Ciao! --Icqgirl 14:17, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
words for you to check
Hi there Neskaya. I heard from some other people in the grape vine that you are learning Bulgarian. Might you be willing to share some good sources of information on the language so that I may start learning the language as well? Thanks, Razorflame 14:48, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
I do not want to come across as contumelious but please consider casting your vote for the tile logo as—besides using English—the book logo has a clear directionality of horizontal left-to-right, starkly contrasting with Arabic and Chinese, two of the six official UN languages. As such, the tile logo is the only translingual choice left and it was also elected in m:Wiktionary/logo/archive-vote-4. Warmest Regards, :)--thecurran Speak your mind my past 03:22, 2 January 2010 (UTC)
- Thank U for both of your responses. I wish U the very best for this Happy New Year! Warmest Regards, :)—thecurran Speak your mind my past 05:00, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
Pronunciation of "vigilance"
Hi. Your audio file here  is incorrect; you have transposed two consonants so it sounds like "village-ence". Is there a way for you to re-record that file? Thanks! Equinox ◑ 11:44, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
Your edit to my talkpage
Do you want me to remove your ip address from my history? I can delete such things if required. I shall watch here for a response. LessHeard vanU 23:37, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
- Don't worry about it. I edit occasionally logged out enough that I'm not concerned if people actually see my IP address. I do appreciate the offer though. --Neskaya contribs – talk? 23:40, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
- No problem. LessHeard vanU 23:43, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
You're apparently the only person around who speaks Yiddish, so here.
Your .5 babel boxes
Hi there Neskaya. Can I appropriate the 0.5 babel boxes that you have in your userspace to use in my userspace? I'll of course change it so that it doesn't look exactly like yours, but I am in need of some .5 babel boxes, and your code is really good. May I? Razorflame 18:12, 14 June 2010 (UTC)
- I suppose you may. I actually originally took the code (with his permission) from opi, though, so. :P They're useful, though, but I'd advise you to stay away from working too much with things you have less than 1 in. --Neskaya … gawonisgv? 18:15, 14 June 2010 (UTC)
Why did you unblock him out of thin air? --Ivan Štambuk 06:12, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, I unblocked him after he came onto the IRC channel this afternoon and we had a several-hour discussion about things, including his block, his behaviour, et cetera. Not out of thin air entirely. The indefinite block was absolutely uncalled for, and Kubura has stated that he'll avoid interaction with you, possibly provoking you, or confrontational editing, lest he risk being reblocked. If he does, in fact, violate the terms of unblocking him, I'll happily reblock him, but I ask that you not do it, as you seem to have an obvious bias in the matter (just as he seems to have a bias against you).
Ideally, I'd just like for folks who want to edit to be able to edit productively, and he said that he's mainly going to be making small edits that he sees, so. Thanks. --Neskaya … gawonisgv? 08:59, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- You provided no summary for your unblock. You gave no public notice to either him or the blocking admin (me) for your unblock. What happens at private communication channels stays at private communication channels.
- Kubura deserved the indef block for repeated rolling and vandalism. He has no interest in being a productive editor, his only interest in in spouting nationalist propaganda. Dealing with him is a waste of time. --Ivan Štambuk 09:06, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- as you seem to have an obvious bias in the matter - No, I don't have "obvious bias", I have actual competence in evaluating his edits from several perspectives. I've dealt with Kubura repeatedly for years across several wikis, and I'm very well acquainted with his methods of work. You're the one who should stay out of this because you're unfamiliar with the matter, and draw your conclusions entirely from whatever he told you on IRC. See what Kubura is capable of here: m:Requests for comment/Croatian Wikipedia-misuse of admin tools by User:Kubura. --Ivan Štambuk 09:12, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry to but in here, but I have to agree with Ivan on this one. We have to assume good faith with our fellow admins, and trust that they have a good reason for imposing blocks. I tend to think that unblocking should not happen without either a consensus with the blocking admin, or at least consensus of a few other admins. At the absolute least the blocking admin should be notified. Yes, Ivan does have a bias, in that he is very heavily invested in a particular issue, and Kubura is someone of the opposite persuasion. However, as noted, he is also the admin most qualified to judge the issue. In this particular case, I think that the block should remain, if not indefinitely, at least for awhile (perhaps six months), as Kubura clearly has a bone to pick on a particularly tender issue, and allowing his editing here will cause nothing but disruption. -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 11:21, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with Ivan and Atelaes. Kubura has begun to make disruptive and inflamatory edits and should be permanently blocked from further participation here. He is only interested in causing trouble and trying to force his POV on the rest of us. —Stephen 18:59, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
Couple things to be said:
- Ivan Štambuk has been blocked on Croatian wikipedia. (not by Kubura!) because of insultive behaviour  and not just towards Kubura.
- his insultive style is visible on en.wiki 
- Ivan Štambuk and his bad faith message on Kubura's talkpage.
Bok Kuburo :) Pretpostavljam da si ovdje došao blagoglagoljati amerima o "razlikama" između hrvatskog i srpskog :) Samo imaj na umu da je ovdje 6-7 izvornih govornika srpskohrvatskog koji su glasali za, srbi, bošnjaci, hrvati, jugoslaveni..i da sve što kažeš a što je lažno će biti po svoj prilici vrlo brzo ispravljeno. Nadam se samo da se nećeš pozivati na "eminentne hrvatske jezikoslovce" za koje ostatak svijet nije nikad čuo :-)
- Despite that obvious conflict of interest Ivan Štambuk keeps re-blocking Kubura. Even insulting another admin  For Ivan sysop obviously means sacred cow--Aradic-es 13:16, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- And should I also mention that you are blocked on English and Croatian wikipedia for repeated spreading of ethnic hatred Anto? My blocks on Croatian pedia, from the first 1-month block for supposedly "obstructing the project", to the last indefblocks for allegedly "insulting and threatening" (after participating in a discussion where I was the one being abundantly insulted and threatened to), are at least defensible. Yes, I'm very glad that you mention w:Talk:Bulcsú László - I don't see how my discourse there has been anything but exemplary, as opposed to Kubura's who repeatedly engages in low ad hominems. The reason why Kubura is blocked here is his very low signal-to-noise ratio: making 10 useful edits, after which he starts another round of trolling. I don't mind him contributing low-usage neologisms that he likes so much, if that were the only thing he was doing. --Ivan Štambuk 08:26, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
Yeah "allegdly".... All admins that have blocked you were "morrons".Poor "innocent angel"!--Anto 15:39, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
Checking in for a moment, noticed that someone appreciates the automation I did way back when, for archiving the beer parlor (et al.) You have my sympathy. If I get that system rebuilt and working again, I should talk to you first, before firing my program up? --Connel MacKenzie 03:45, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
I think we may have to desysop him in order to block him. I agree that he uses a lot of intimidating behavior. I suggested he take voluntary desysopping and he declined. Mglovesfun (talk) 19:09, 15 July 2010 (UTC)