See also: Yamato-
- (historical) Ancient Japan.
- Any of several towns in Japan; see Wikipedia.
- The imperial house which formerly ruled Japan from the province of Yamato; by extension, the dominant native ethnic group in Japan.
- A Japanese male given name
- A surname.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:Yamato.
ancient name for Japan
Yamato (plural Yamatos)
- A member of the Yamato court which formerly ruled Japan; by extension, a member of the dominant native ethnic group of Japan.
- One of a class of battleships used by the Imperial Japanese Navy during the Second World War.
- Rōmaji transcription of