Jump to navigation Jump to search
affiche (plural affiches)
- A written or printed notice to be posted, as on a wall; a poster; a placard.
- To fix, fasten; to fix a poster or placard to a wall.
- To parade, to advertise, publicise; to display, show.
- 1834, L[etitia] E[lizabeth] L[andon], Francesca Carrara. […], volume I, London: Richard Bentley, […], (successor to Henry Colburn), OCLC 630079698, page 301:
- The return of the Duc de Mercœur added, if possible, to the gaiety of Compiegne; and the Duchesse gave a fête in its honour. Everything then was expressed by a fête; saints were worshipped, mistresses flattered, ministers courted, victories celebrated, sentiments affiched—and all by a fête.
affiche f or n (plural affiches)
- A placard, a poster containing an announcement or promotional information hung in a public space.
- Synonym: aanplakbiljet
affiche f (plural affiches)
- inflection of :