Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
animism (plural animisms)
- A belief that spirits inhabit some or all classes of natural objects or phenomena.
- A belief that an immaterial force animates the universe.
- (dated) A doctrine that animal life is produced by an immaterial spirit.
- (religions) religion; animism, Asatru, Bahá'í Faith, Buddhism, Cao Dai, Christianity, Confucianism, deism, Druidry, Eckankar, Heathenry, Hinduism, religious humanism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, LaVeyanism, Luciferianism, New Age, paganism, Raëlism, Rastafarianism, santería, Scientology, shamanism, Shinto, Sikhism, Spiritism, Taoism, Tengrism, Tenrikyo, Thelema, Unitarian Universalism, Wicca, Yoruba, Zoroastrianism (Category: en:Religion) 
belief in spirits
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.