- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to fall in love (to come to have feelings of love towards each other)
Eles se casaram faz tempo mas foi só agora que realmente se apaixonaram.
- They got married a long time ago but it was just now that they truly fell in love.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, transitive with por) to fall in love with (to come to have feelings of love towards)
Eu achei que ela tinha se apaixonado por mim.
- I thought she had fallen in love with me.
- (relatively uncommon, transitive) to make someone fall in love
Essa poção apaixona qualquer um!
- This potion can make anyone fall in love!
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb apaixonar