Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Portugal) IPA(key): [ɐ.kɛ.ˈseɾ]
- (Paulista) IPA(key): [ˌa.ke.se(ɹ)]
- (South Brazil) IPA(key): [ˌa.ke.se(ɻ)]
- (Carioca) IPA(key): [ˌa.ke.se(x)]
- (Nordestino) IPA(key): [ˌa.kɪ.seː]
- to heat
- warm up as a preparation for a physical activity.
- warm up (to make an audience enthusiastic)
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb aquecer
- This is a regular verb of the -er group.
- The last letter c is changed to ç, depending on the following vowel, resulting in these four possible sequences: -ça-, -ce-, -ci- and -ço-.
- Verbs with this conjugation include: acontecer, amanhecer, carecer, conhecer, descer, esquecer, merecer, parecer, reconhecer, tecer, vencer.