- (transitive) To make an audience enthusiastic or animated before a show
- Rich knew how to warm up the audience of The Price is Right. His good looks and charming personality made even that special.
- (transitive) To reach a normal operating temperature (of a car for example)
- (transitive) To reheat food
- (intransitive) To become warmer
- He came inside to warm up.
- (intransitive) To prepare for executing an already-learned activity by a limited amount of additional practice.
- They warmed up by throwing the ball around a few minutes.
to make an audience enthusiastic
to reach a normal operating temperature
to reheat food
to become warmer
to do some additional practice