Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Fragrant or spicy.
- (organic chemistry) Having a closed ring of alternate single and double bonds with delocalized electrons.
- (organic chemistry) Derived from benzene.
- Not to be confused with aromantic.
- (organic chemistry): aliphatic
fragrant or spicy
in organic chemistry
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
aromatic (plural aromatics)
fragrant plant or spice added to flavour a dish