Jump to navigation Jump to search
arsis (plural arses)
- (music) The stronger part of a musical measure: the part containing the beat.
- (poetry) The stronger part of a metrical foot: the part containing the long (heavy) syllable in quantitative meter, or the stressed syllable in a qualitative meter.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Hermann to this entry?)
- (music) The elevation of the hand, or that part of the bar at which it is raised, in beating time; the weak or unaccented part of the bar, opposed to the thesis.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Moore to this entry?)
- The elevation of the voice to a higher pitch in speaking.
arsis m (plural arsis)
- “arsis” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- dative masculine plural of
- dative feminine plural of
- dative neuter plural of
- ablative masculine plural of
- ablative neuter plural of
- ablative feminine plural of