Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- As to suggest the idea that; as if, as would be true if.
I felt sick, as though I'd just eaten a dozen bad oysters.
She reached out, as though to touch my face.
- 1915, Emerson Hough, The Purchase Price, chapterI:
- "A fine man, that Dunwody, yonder," commented the young captain, as they parted, and as he turned to his prisoner. "We'll see him on in Washington some day. […] A strong man—a strong one; and a heedless." ¶ "Of what party is he?" she inquired, as though casually.
- 2013, Daniel Taylor, Steven Gerrard goal against Poland ensures England will go to World Cup, The Guardian, 15 October:
- By that stage Townsend, playing again as though immune to any form of nerves, had curled a lovely, left-footed effort against the crossbar and Welbeck had slashed a shot wide from a position when he really should have done better.
as to suggest that