Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
backflip (plural backflips)
- (gymnastics) An act of rotating one's body 360 degrees in the backward direction.
- The acrobat performed a backflip on a trampoline.
- (by extension) a total reversal in policy or opinion; a volte-face, an U-turn.
- PM predicts water recycling backflips. Courier Mail, 29 Jan 2007
an act of rotating your body
total reversal in policy or opinion
- To perform a backflip (rotation of body)
- To completely reverse a policy or opinion; perform a U-turn.