See also: bad-boy
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see bad, boy.
- A man whose rebellious nature makes him attractive.
- (slang) A male criminal.
- (figuratively, slang) An undesirable task.
- Let's get this bad boy done!
- (slang) A powerful or impressive product or item.
- 1949 November-December, Low, Floyd E., “Keep that pitch UP!”, in The Instrumentalist, volume 4, Association for the Advancement of Instrumental Music, page 38:
- Many school music teachers and directors are not primarily clarinetists and, knowing little of the subtle intricacies of this "bad boy" of instruments, can teach little more than the fingering.
- 1988, Writers Forum, number 14-17, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs:
- […] he groaned as he twisted his arm over his head to follow the groove to the right wheel well, "if this bad boy connects right there, then it can't be a light."
- 1992 November 16, “The POWERstation 220: Here today. More tomorrow. [Advertisement]”, in InfoWorld, volume 14, number 46, page 137:
- So isn't it time you took this bad boy for a test drive?