See also: bad-boy
- Used other than as an idiom: see bad, boy.
- A man whose rebellious nature makes him attractive to women.
- (slang) A male criminal.
- (figuratively, slang) An undesirable task.
- Let's get this bad boy done!
- (slang) A powerful or impressive product or item.
1949 November-December, Low, Floyd E., “Keep that pitch UP!”, in The Instrumentalist, volume 4, Association for the Advancement of Instrumental Music, page 38:
- Many school music teachers and directors are not primarily clarinetists and, knowing little of the subtle intricacies of this "bad boy" of instruments, can teach little more than the fingering.
1988, Writers Forum, number 14-17, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs:
- […] he groaned as he twisted his arm over his head to follow the groove to the right wheel well, "if this bad boy connects right there, then it can't be a light."
1992 November 16, “The POWERstation 220: Here today. More tomorrow. [Advertisement]”, in InfoWorld, volume 14, number 46, page 137:
- So isn't it time you took this bad boy for a test drive?