See also: chad
- A male given name. Also a modern nickname for Charles, Chadwick and similar-sounding names
- (Britain) The British version of the "Kilroy was here" graffiti.
- 1993 Jonathan Kellerman, Devil's Waltz, Random House 1998, ISBN 0345460715, page 26:
- "What else? Anyway, here's the genealogy: Charles Junior's only son is Charles the Third - like royalty. He goes by Chip - Cassie's daddy. The mom is Cindy. The dead son was Chad - Charles the Fourth."
- "All Cs," I said. "Sounds like they like order."
- 1995 Hanif Kureishi, The Black Album, Faber and Faber, ISBN 0571150861, pages 88, 90
- 'He used to be called Trevor Buss.'
- 'Chad? I don't believe you.' - - -
- 'He changed his name into Muhammad Shahabuddin Ali-Shah.'
- 'He'd insist on the whole name. He played football and his mates got fed up saying, "Pass the ball, Muhammad Shahabuddin Ali-Shah" - - - No one passed to him. So he became Chad.'