Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: mozambique
Mozambique (abbreviated Moz.)
- A country in southeastern Africa, having Maputo as its capital; modern Republic of Mozambique (since 1990); formerly —
- An island or its town in the province of Nampula, Mozambique, (from which its name was transferred to the country).
- The Mozambique Channel, a broad strait which separates the island of Madagascar from the African mainland of Mozambique.
- 1857 May, “Extracts from the Journal of Captain M. S. Nolloth, H.M.S. 'Frolic'”, in The Nautical Magazine and Naval Chronicle, for 1857, London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., page 252:
- During our cruise in the Mozambique we had generally light winds, almost invariably from E.S.E., or calms, and smooth water, nearly the whole time.
- Mozambican (adjective/noun)
country in Southern Africa
Mozambique (plural Mozambiques)
- Countries of the world
- (countries of Africa) countries of Africa; Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe (Category: en:Countries) 
- IPA(key): (Spain) /moθamˈbike/, [mo.θãmˈbi.ke]
- IPA(key): (Latin America) /mosamˈbike/, [mo.sãmˈbi.ke]