Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 English
- 2 Chichewa
- 3 Danish
- 4 Dutch
- 5 Interlingua
- 6 Spanish
- The Republic of Mozambique, a country (since 1990) in southeastern Africa, having Maputo as its capital city, formerly the communist People's Republic of Mozambique (from 1975) or a colony of Portugal (from the 16th century).
- The Island of Mozambique or its town, in Nampula province, (from which its name was transferred to the country).
- The Mozambique Channel, a broad strait which separates the island of Madagascar from the African mainland of Mozambique.
- 1857 May, “Extracts from the Journal of Captain M. S. Nolloth, H.M.S. 'Frolic'”, in The Nautical Magazine and Naval Chronicle, for 1857, London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., page 252:
- During our cruise in the Mozambique we had generally light winds, almost invariably from E.S.E., or calms, and smooth water, nearly the whole time.
country in Southern Africa
- (Castilian) IPA(key): /moθamˈbike/, [moθãmˈbike]
- (Latin America) IPA(key): /mosamˈbike/, [mosãmˈbike]