Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
colony (plural colonies)
- Governmental unit created on land of another country owned by colonists from a country
- A settlement of emigrants who move to a new place, but remain culturally tied to their original place of origin
- Region or governmental unit created by another country and generally ruled by another country.
- A group of people with the same interests or ethnic origin concentrated in a particular geographic area
- The Amana Colonies in Iowa were settled by people from Germany
- A group of organisms of same or different species living together in close association.
- A collective noun for rabbits.
region or governmental unit
group of organisms