Jump to navigation Jump to search
bankroll (plural bankrolls)
- A roll of banknotes or other paper currency, carried in lieu of a wallet.
- Phil kept his bankroll in his front pocket, as it made too much of a lump to sit on.
- The monetary assets of a person or organization.
- Microsoft is a corporation with an extremely large bankroll.
roll of banknotes
monetary assets of a person or organization
bankroll (third-person singular simple present bankrolls, present participle bankrolling, simple past and past participle bankrolled)
- (transitive) To fund a project; to underwrite something.
- Synonyms: finance, support, underwrite
- Professor Stebbins didn't need to apply for government grants because his lab was bankrolled by a large pharmaceutical corporation.
to fund a project