Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bankroll (plural bankrolls)
- A roll of banknotes or other paper currency, carried in lieu of a wallet.
- Phil kept his bankroll in his front pocket, as it made too much of a lump to sit on.
- The monetary assets of a person or organization.
- Microsoft is a corporation with an extremely large bankroll.
The monetary assets of a person or organization.
- (transitive) To fund a project; to underwrite something.
- Professor Stebbins didn't need to apply for government grants because his lab was bankrolled by a large pharmaceutical corporation.