Jump to navigation Jump to search
bevy (plural bevies)
- (collective) A group of animals, in particular quail.
- (collective) A large group or collection.
- 2017 January 12, Brian Fung, “Why AT&T’s top execs visited Trump Tower”, in The Washington Post:
- Thursday's session makes AT&T the latest high-profile company to meet with Trump after the president-elect's series of job-related talks with firms such as Softbank, Carrier and a bevy of tech companies including Google, Facebook and Apple.
- 2013 June 7, David Simpson, “Fantasy of navigation”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 36:
- Like most human activities, ballooning has sponsored heroes and hucksters and a good deal in between. For every dedicated scientist patiently recording atmospheric pressure and wind speed while shivering at high altitudes, there is a carnival barker with a bevy of pretty girls willing to dangle from a basket or parachute down to earth.
large group of birds