Jump to navigation Jump to search
biplane (not comparable)
- Composed of, or relating to, two planes (flat surfaces extending infinitely in all directions).
- biplane angiography
- Synonym: biplanar
- 2021, John D. Bonagura, Virginia Luis Fuentes, “Echocardiography”, in John S. Mattoon, Rance K. Sellon, Clifford R. Berry, editors, Small Animal Diagnostic Ultrasound, 4th edition, St. Louis, MO: Elsevier, →ISBN, page 290:
- The left apical 4-chamber image is used for one measurement and for a “biplane” estimate (that averages values from orthogonal planes), either the right parasternal long-axis image (the authors' preference) or the left apical 2-chamber view (shown here) is also measured. […] Either a biplane (Simpson) method of discs or a 3D volumetric rendering is used for LV volume measurements in human echocardiography laboratories.
- (aviation) Having, or consisting of, two superposed planes, aerocurves, etc.
biplane (plural biplanes)
- (aviation) An airplane that has two main wings, one above the other and supported by struts.
airplane that has two pairs of wings
- (intransitive, rare) To fly in a biplane.
- 1995 July, Keith Tuber, “Aspen's Summer Charms”, in Orange Coast, volume 21, number 7, ISSN 0279-0483, page 21–22:
- For an unforgettable experience, try llama trekking along a gentle trail in the White River National Forest, […] There also are sky-high balloon rides, biplaning, hang gliding, paragliding and plenty of wilderness paths for hiking.