Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Without care, concern, or consideration.
- As the bombs fell on the city, the woman blithely continued with her chores.
2012 May 27, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “New Kid On The Block” (season 4, episode 8; originally aired 11/12/1992)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- The episode also opens with an inspired bit of business for Homer, who blithely refuses to acquiesce to an elderly neighbor’s utterly reasonable request that he help make the process of selling her house easier by wearing pants when he gallivants about in front of windows, throw out his impressive collection of rotting Jack-O-Lanterns from previous Halloweens and take out his garbage, as it’s attracting wildlife (cue moose and Northern Exposure theme song).
- In a joyful, carefree manner.
- (obsolete) In a kind manner.
- (without care or concern): carelessly, indifferently
- (in a joyful manner): gladly, joyfully, merrily
without care, concern, or consideration
in a joyful, carefree manner
In a kind manner
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.