Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)dɪŋ
boarding (countable and uncountable, plural boardings)
- The act of people getting aboard a ship aircraft, train, bus, etc.; embarkation.
- 2000, Peter Gregory Furth, Data Analysis for Bus Planning and Monitoring, page 24:
- Load profiles are a standard analysis tool showing passenger activity (boardings, alightings) and passenger load at each stop along a route in a single direction.
- The act of a sailor or boarding party attacking an enemy ship by boarding it.
- A structure made of boards.
- (uncountable) The riding of a skateboard.
- (ice hockey) A penalty called for pushing into the boards.
act of attacking an enemy ship
structure made of boards
riding a skateboard
ice hockey: penalty called for pushing into the boards
- “boarding”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.