Jump to navigation Jump to search
bolillo (plural bolillos)
- A type of white bread roll from Latin America.
- 2009 August 26, John T. Edge, “In Praise of the All-American Mexican Hot Dog”, in New York Times:
- In Tucson more than 100 vendors, known as hotdogueros, peddle Sonoran-style hot dogs — candy cane-wrapped in bacon, griddled until dog and bacon fuse, garnished with a kitchen sink of taco truck condiments and stuffed into split-top rolls that owe a debt to both Mexican bolillo loaves and grocery store hot dog buns.
bolillo m (plural bolillos)
- (regional) bread roll
- (El Salvador, Mexico) type of bread
- (regional, derogatory) Caucasian person
- (Cuba, El Salvador) musical drumstick
- (Ecuador) rolling pin