bricole (plural bricoles)
- (military) A kind of traces with hooks and rings, used to drag manoeuvre guns where horses cannot be used.
- (military, historical) An ancient kind of military catapult.
- In court tennis, the rebound of a ball from a wall of the court; also, the side stroke or play by which the ball is driven against the wall; hence, (figuratively) an indirect action or stroke.
- (billiards) A shot in which the cue ball is initially driven against the cushion.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
bricole f (plural bricoles)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of