Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Broiler
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɹɔɪlə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbɹɔɪlɚ/
- Rhymes: -ɔɪlə(r)
broiler (plural broilers)
- One who broils, or cooks by broiling.
- (cooking, Canada, US) A device used to broil food; part of an oven or a small stove; known as a grill in UK English.
- A chicken suitable for broiling.
- (archaic) One who excites broils; one who engages in or promotes noisy quarrels.
- What doth he but turn broiler, […] make new libels against the church?
one who broils, or cooks by broiling
chicken suitable for broiling