Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
chirp (plural chirps)
- A short, sharp or high note or noise, as of a bird or insect.
- (radar, sonar, radio telescopy etc.) A pulse of signal whose frequency sweeps through a band of frequencies for the duration of the pulse.
- (intransitive) to make a short, sharp, cheerful note, as of small birds or crickets
- (intransitive) to speak in a high-pitched staccato
- (transitive, radar, sonar, radio telescopy etc.) To modify (a pulse of signal) so that it sweeps through a band of frequencies throughout its duration.