Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɜː.kəm.spɛkt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsɝ.kəm.spɛkt/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Carefully aware of all circumstances; considerate of all that is pertinent.
- Being aware of the danger of upsetting her audience, she was somewhat circumspect in her comments.
- 1959 March, “Talking of Trains: Scottish reorganisation”, in Trains Illustrated, page 119:
- Comment must be circumspect until fuller particulars are available, [...].
carefully aware of all circumstances