Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (of separate elements) To join into a single mass or whole.
- The droplets coalesced into a puddle.
- 2005, Plato, Sophist, Translation by Lesley Brown, 2,
- ... when a thing's own light and the light from something else coalescing into one on bright and smooth surfaces produce a form which yields a perception reversed from the way a thing normally looks.
- (of a whole or a unit) To form from different pieces or elements.
- The puddle coalesced from the droplets as they ran together.
- (engineering) To bond pieces of metal into a continuous whole by liquefying parts of each piece, bringing the liquids into contact, and allowing the combined liquid to solidify.
to join into a single mass
to form from different elements