Jump to navigation Jump to search
- cohære (rare)
- (intransitive) To stick together physically, by adhesion.
- Separate molecules will cohere because of electromagnetic force.
- (intransitive, figuratively) To be consistent as part of a group, or by common purpose.
- Members of the party would cohere in the message they were sending.
- (transitive, figuratively) To be consistent as part of a group, or by common purpose.
- This division suggests that Khamenei is not playing his usual role of cohering the regime during a crisis.
- 2022 October 2, “Iran Crisis Update, October 2”, in Iran Project, Institute for the Study of War:
to stick together
to be consistent as part of a group
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked