Jump to navigation Jump to search
- cohæsion (archaic)
- State of cohering, or of working together.
- Unit cohesion is important in the military.
- (physics, chemistry) Various intermolecular forces that hold solids and liquids together.
- (biology) Growing together of normally distinct parts of a plant.
- (computing) Degree to which functionally related elements in a computing system belong together.
- (linguistics) Grammatical or lexical relationship between different parts of the same text.
the state of cohering, or of sticking together
the various intermolecular forces that hold solids and liquids together
the growing together of normally distinct parts of a plant
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- “cohesion” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2019.