Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: cohérence
- cohærence (archaic)
- The quality of cohering, or being coherent; internal consistency.
- His arguments lacked coherence.
- A logical arrangement of parts.
- (physics, of waves) The property of having the same wavelength and phase.
- (linguistics, translation studies) A semantic relationship between different parts of the same text.
quality of cohering; of being coherent
logical arrangements of parts
having the same wavelength and phase
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- “coherence” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2019.
coherence f (uncountable)
- coherence; quality of being internally consistent