Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: -logical
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈlɒdʒɪkəɫ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈlɑdʒɪkəɫ/
Audio (US) (file)
- (not comparable) In agreement with the principles of logic.
- 2020 April 6, Shanguo, “Avoiding Assertive Statements and Extreme Ways of Thinking”, in Minghui:
- To provide convincing arguments, we need to first address the issues of concern, list the facts, and then use logical reasoning to help people have a better understanding of the issue.
- (not comparable) Of or pertaining to logic.
- It's not logical, it's God!
- (computing) Non-physical or conceptual yet underpinned by something physical or actual.
- Logical memory appears contiguous to an application program, but may well be stored on several physical devices, including in RAM and on hard-disks, as determined by the operating system.
- 1986, Noel Malcolm Morris, Computer graphics and CAD fundamentals: BBC Micro version:
- It is, of course, vital to restore the logical colours to their normal value at the end of the program […]
- biological, neurological, physiological, etc. (use of the suffix -ical as opposed to just -ic)
in agreement with the principles of logic
of or pertaining to logic
non-physical or conceptual underpinning something physical or actual
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- logical at OneLook Dictionary Search
logical (plural logicales)