Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To forgive, excuse or overlook (something).
1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 18, The China Governess:
- ‘Then the father has a great fight with his terrible conscience,’ said Munday with granite seriousness. ‘Should he make a row with the police […]? Or should he say nothing about it and condone brutality for fear of appearing in the newspapers?
- (transitive) To allow, accept or permit (something).
- (transitive, law) To forgive (marital infidelity or other marital offense).
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of condonar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of condonar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of condonar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of condonar.