Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɒnlæŋ/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑnˌlæŋ/
- Hyphenation: con‧lang
conlang (plural conlangs)
- (linguistics, colloquial) Synonym of [from 1990s]
- Synonyms: artificial language, planned language
- Antonyms: (colloquial) natlang, natural language
- The Klingon language was a conlang created for use in the Star Trek franchise.
- 2012 October 31, Laura Wright, “UT Language Creation Society invites students to learn origins of newer languages”, in The Daily Texan, Austin, Tex.: Texas Student Media, University of Texas at Austin, published 8 April 2013, ISSN 1090-1108, OCLC 12033646, archived from the original on 14 August 2020:
synonym of constructed language — see constructed language
- (intransitive) To create a conlang (constructed language).
- the conlanging community
- Brithenig was conlanged with the purpose of looking how Welsh might have developed if it were a Romance language.
- conlanging (noun)
to create a conlang