Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- conversaunt (obsolete)
- closely familiar; current; having frequent interaction
- familiar or acquainted by use or study; well-informed; versed
- She is equally conversant with Shakespeare and the laws of physics.
- deeply conversant in the Platonic philosophy
- Alexander Pope
- He uses the different dialects as one who had been conversant with them all.
- (obsolete) Concerned; occupied.
- If any think education, because it is conversant about children, to be but a private and domestick duty, he has been ignorantly bred himself.
conversant (plural conversants)
- One who converses with another.
- present participle of conversar