Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -uːʃən
- A twist or fold.
- Any of the folds on the surface of the brain.
- The shape of something rotating; a vortex.
- State or condition of being convoluted.
- (mathematics) A form of moving average.
- (computing) A function which maps a tuple of sequences into a sequence of tuples.
- One 360° turn in a spring or similar helix. A keyring contains 2 convolutions.
any of the folds on the surface of the brain
shape of something rotating; a vortex — See also translations at vortex
state or condition of being convoluted
mathematics: form of moving average
computing: function that maps a tuple of sequences into a sequence of tuples
one 360° turn in a spring or similar helix
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- convolution in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- convolution in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
convolution f (plural convolutions)