Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -uːʃən
convolution (plural convolutions)
- Something that is folded or twisted.
- Any of the folds on the surface of the brain.
- The shape of something rotating; a vortex.
- (mathematics) A form of moving average.
- (computing) A function which maps a tuple of sequences into a sequence of tuples.
any of the folds on the surface of the brain
shape of something rotating; a vortex
(mathematics) A form of moving average
(computing) A function that puts elements of multiple strings into arrays
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- convolution in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- convolution in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
convolution f (plural convolutions)