Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌkɔɹəˈspɑndɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌkɒɹəˈspɒndɪŋ/
- (NYC) IPA(key): /ˌkɑɹəˈspɑndɪŋ/
- Hyphenation: cor‧res‧pond‧ing
- Rhymes: -ɒndɪŋ
Audio (US) (file)
corresponding (plural correspondings)
- A correspondence; the situation where things correspond or match.
- that have a similar relationship
- 2011 November 10, Jeremy Wilson, “England Under 21 5 Iceland Under 21 0: match report”, in Telegraph:
- The most persistent tormentor was Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who scored a hat-trick in last month’s corresponding fixture in Iceland. His ability to run at defences is instantly striking, but it is his clever use of possession that has persuaded some shrewd judges that he is an even better prospect than Theo Walcott.
that have a similar relationship