Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (cooking, in the plural in US) Fat that, after roasting a joint, hardens and crispens.
- For the first time in his life he tasted crackling.
- (cooking, in the singular in Britain) The crispy rind of roast pork.
- The making of small, sharp cracks or reports, frequently repeated.
- the bangs and cracklings of fireworks
- (obsolete, usually in the plural) Food for dogs, made from the refuse of tallow melting.
- Three stripes of velvet worn on the sleeves of students at St John's College, Cambridge.
fat that has hardened and is crisp after cooking