Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
crackle (plural crackles)
- A fizzing, popping sound.
- (pottery) A style of glaze giving the impression of many small cracks.
- (physics) The fifth derivative of the position vector with respect to time (after velocity, acceleration, jerk, and jounce), i.e. the rate of change of jounce.
a fizzing, popping sound
- (intransitive) To make a fizzing, popping sound.
- a crackling fire
- the unknown ice that crackles underneath them
make a fizzing sound