Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Fired ceramic wares that contain clay when formed
- The shelves were lined with pottery of all shapes and sizes.
- (countable) A potter's shop or workshop, where pottery is made
- I visited the old potteries and saw the pots being made.
- The potter's craft or art: making vessels from clay
- Bernard Leach was skilled at pottery.
fired ceramic wares that contain clay when formed
workshop where pottery is made
practise or craft of making pottery
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
pottery (not comparable)
- Having to do with pottery.
2006, Edwin Black, chapter 2, Internal Combustion:
- But through the oligopoly, charcoal fuel proliferated throughout London's trades and industries. By the 1200s, brewers and bakers, tilemakers, glassblowers, pottery producers, and a range of other craftsmen all became hour-to-hour consumers of charcoal.