Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: crampón
crampon (plural crampons)
- An attachment to a shoe or boot that provides traction by means of spikes. Used for climbing or walking on slippery surfaces, especially ice.
- (botany) An aerial rootlet for support in climbing, as of ivy.
- (heraldry) A heraldic figure in the form of a bar bent at the ends into the form of a hook.
attachment to a shoe used for climbing or walking on ice
- To walk or climb using crampons
crampon m (plural crampons)
- “crampon” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
crampon n (plural crampoane)
- square-headed spike used to fasten rails on sleepers / railroad ties
- cleat (protrusion on the bottom of a shoe for better traction)
- (botany) crampon (aerial root a climbing plant uses to affix itself to vertical support)
Declension of crampon