Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
crampon (plural crampons)
- An attachment to a shoe or boot that provides traction by means of spikes. Used for climbing or walking on slippery surfaces, especially ice.
- (botany) An aerial rootlet for support in climbing, as of ivy.
- (heraldry) A heraldic figure in the form of a bar bent at the ends into the form of a hook
attachment to a shoe used for climbing or walking on ice
crampon m (plural crampons)
- “crampon” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- square-headed spike used to fasten rails on sleepers / railroad ties
- cleat, a protrusion on the bottom of a shoe for better traction
- aerial root a climbing plant uses to affix itself to vertical support such as rocks or tree bark