Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (electronics) Undesirable signals from a neighbouring transmission circuit; undesired coupling between circuits.
- (biology) The situation where one or more components of a signal transduction pathway affect another pathway.
- Conversation that is incidental to the topic under discussion.
- I couldn't hear the opening address because of all the crosstalk around me.
- A traditional Chinese comedic performance in the form of a dialogue.
- Synonym: xiangsheng
- Communication between parties who have extremely different perspectives.
- 2020, Merlin Sheldrake, Entangled Life, page 239:
- Sharing resources for mutual benefit: crosstalk between disciplines deepns the understanding of mycorrhizal symbioses.
undesirable signals from a neighbouring transmission circuit (electronics)
conversation that is incidental to the topic under discussion
traditional Chinese comedic performance
- To hold an incidental conversation