Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Loosely associated; existing as a byproduct, tangent, or accident; being a likely consequence.
- That character, though colorful, is incidental to the overall plot.
- Occurring by chance
- (physics) Entering or approaching, prior to reflection (more frequently incident).
loosely associated; existing as a byproduct, tangent, or accident; being a likely consequence
entering or approaching, prior to reflection
incidental (plural incidentals)
- Minor items, not further defined. Incidental expense.
- She's costing us a lot in incidentals.
- Something that is incidental.
minor items, not further defined; incidental expense
- incidental (existing by chance)