- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪˈdʒɛk.tə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪˈdʒɛk.tə/, /diˈdʒɛk.tə/
dejecta pl (plural only)
- (medicine, zoology) any liquid or solid waste matter that is emanated, shed or discharged from the body. Dejecta include urine, faeces, sputum, pus, mucus, skin sloughing, lochia; their discharge can be nasal, aural, by expectoration, urethral, vaginal and so on.
- the dejecta of the sick
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for dejecta in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- nominative feminine singular of
- nominative neuter plural of
- accusative neuter plural of
- vocative feminine singular of
- vocative neuter plural of