Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To lessen in price or estimated value; to lower the worth of.
- (intransitive) To decline in value over time.
- (transitive) To belittle or disparage.
- Do not confuse with deprecate (“to disapprove of”). The meaning of deprecate has lately been encroaching on depreciate in the sense 'to belittle'.
- (reduce in value over time):
- (belittle): do down
(tr.) to lessen in price or value
(intr.) to decline in value over time
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked