Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To lessen in price or estimated value; to lower the worth of; to represent as of little value or claim to esteem; to undervalue.
- (intransitive) To decline in value over time.
- (transitive) To belittle.
- Do not confuse with deprecate, which means 'to disapprove of'. The meaning of deprecate has lately been encroaching on depreciate in the sense 'to belittle'.
- (reduce in value over time):
- (belittle): do down
To reduce in value over time