Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (uncountable) The action of detaching; separation.
- (uncountable) The state of being detached or disconnected; insulation.
- (uncountable) Indifference to the concerns of others; disregard; nonchalance; aloofness.
- (uncountable) Absence of bias; impartiality; objectivity.
- (uncountable, military) The separation of a military unit from the main body for particular purpose or a special mission.
- (countable, military) The unit so dispatched.
- (countable, military) A permanent unit organized for special duties.
- (countable) Any smaller portion of a main body separately employed.