Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: dévolution
devolution (plural devolutions)
- A rolling down.
- A descent, especially one that passes through a series of revolutions, or by succession
- The transference of a right to a successor, or of a power from one body to another.
- (pejorative) Degeneration (as opposed to evolution).
- (Britain) The transfer of some powers, and the delegation of some functions, from a central sovereign government to local government; eg. from Westminster to Scottish parliament and Welsh assembly.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.